Do you find it difficult to clean dust and dirt from the surfaces of electronic devices? Are you tired of using manual tools to fill up a flat tire? Does it take a lot of time to ready that backyard swimming pool for your kids? If you face these problems, then it is time to get a good-quality air compressor. Bostitch BTFP02012 is an oil-free air compressor that would make these tasks a lot easier than before.
The 6 gallons, 150 PSI compressor, is a portable and lightweight gadget that can help you fill a swimming pool with air, clean dust and dirt with high-pressure air, and put nails through any surfaces a lot faster than you can do them manually.
Features of Bostich BTFP02012 Air Compressor
1) Before diving into the user experience and Bostitch BTFP02012 review, let us take a good look at the features offered by the product.
2) When you open the box weighing around 35 pounds, you will get the aforementioned pancake air compressor, a bunch of automotive air tools, and pneumatics alongside. The size of the compressor after assembly is 17 x 17 x 19.25 inches.
3) The manufacturer, Bostich, claims that the air compressor produces noise that is less than 79 dBA. So, you don’t need to worry about waking the whole neighborhood while using it.
4) The compressor comes with a high-efficiency motor that can start even in freezing climates without much difficulty.
5) Bostitch BTFP02012 itself weighs 31 pounds and has a capacity of 6 gallons. It can pump air at pressures up to 150 psi.
6) Bostitch BTFP02012 6 gallons 150 psi oil-free compressor comes with a high-flow regulator that makes it super efficient when being used to power pneumatic tools.
7) The Bostitch BTFP02012 Air Compressor features a motor that can only deliver 0.8 hp.
My Experience with Bostitch BTFP02012 Air Compressor
I have a farm and require tools to clean up the barn or fix the fence quite often. After years of relying on the good old rakes to clean the hay and hammers to put the nails on the fence, I decided that it is time to upgrade. I looked at various air compressors on the market and finally settled on the Bostitch BTFP02012 oil-free compressor.
I have heard a lot about these products, and after convincing myself that I don’t need one, I finally gave in. The air compressor is lightweight, portable, and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. So, it was a perfect product for me to try. I visited the homepage of the air compressor to take a look at the specifications of the product.
I found that the website doesn’t mention the compressor’s horsepower—most air compressors in this segment offer 1.0 to 1.5 hp. However, I was not going to buy this compressor without knowing the full specifications. I got in touch with the manufacturers to know the exact specifications of the product.
After waiting for a couple of days, I got a reply where they mentioned that the air-compressor delivers 0.8 horsepower. My hunch was correct. Still, I ordered the compressor thinking that if it works well, I will keep it; otherwise, I would get a refund.
After a wait of a few days, I got the package in my hand. It was time for me to test the Bostitch BTFP02012 air compressor. But before doing that, I looked at every nook and cranny of the compressor to ensure that it was free of defects and safe to use. I ensured its build quality and started assembling it.
So, I went through the instruction manual and online videos to get the compressor up and running. The compressor was a bit loud and not under 80 dBA. It took a few minutes before it started working at the said 150 PSI capacity.
As the Bostitch BTFP02012 Oil-free Pancake Air Compressor was getting ready, I found a spare tire. I attached it to the compressor, and it inflated in a few moments. Filling up a tire with a manual pump generally takes 15 to 30 minutes; however, the pump’s quick action and power impressed me.
After the experiment with the spare tire worked, I used the air compressor to fill my car’s tires. It worked perfectly. The next thing that I wanted to check was the compressor’s ability to work with a nail gun. So, I borrowed a nail gun and got myself some wooden panels and nails.
I used the air compressor to create a simple table. The nail gun worked well with the pump, and the makeshift table was able to support loads without the nails coming off. So far, I tested the pump a couple of times and got satisfying results.
I would say that the pump worked well and showed an impressive performance. The opinion that I had about the pump initially has changed during these last couple of months. However, this doesn’t mean that the pump has no flaws. One of the major flaws of the pump is the noise level. The specified noise level is around 80 dBA.
However, I found the noise to be significantly higher, closer to 100 dBA. I checked other people’s opinions regarding the same and concluded that the pump is louder than expected.
- The pump is lightweight and easy to use.
- The pump doesn’t require extensive maintenance.
- Efficient for cleaning dust, inflating tires, and for other purposes.
- The pump has 0.8 HP, whereas competitors have 1.0 to 1.5 HP.
- The air compressor is louder than the mentioned 80 dBA.
As you can see from this Bostitch BTFP02012 review, the air compressor works perfectly fine. If you don’t look at the specifications, you wouldn’t realize that it is somewhat underpowered compared to other products at this price point.
I have been using the pump for quite some time now and have faced no issues at all. If you want to know my final verdict, I would say if you need a low-maintenance, high-efficiency air compressor, Bostitch BTFP02012 Air Compressor is a perfect product.
If you would like to get the reviews of other popular power and hand tools, kindly visit our reviews page
Leave a Reply